Energy & Utilities
Facing environmental and regulatory challenges, energy and utilities companies must improve financial performance, enhance customer satisfaction and rethink service delivery. Reduced capital budgets, investor expectations public scrutiny, and the need to replace aging equipment while funding system growth are pressuring utility companies to be mindful of costs.
At the same time, utilities are increasingly concerned with engaging with customers in nontraditional ways, such as through social or mobile media. It requires new technologies and processes- from metering and monitoring, through billing and customer care- to improve efficiency and boost business performance.
Business Intelligence transforms the volumes of raw data collected by energy and utility companies into useful information so that business users can more accurately forecast supply and demand; maximize production and manage the risk of a volatile and highly competitive industry. Energy and Utilities companies use business intelligence softwares to accurately forecast energy and utility demand maximize production, and assess risk in an increasingly competitive, high cost, and fluctuating industry.
BI Consulting Group solutions help energy and utility companies track and leverage critical trends within their business and across the industry. Processes are more efficient; decisions are smarter; and revenues, market share, and profits are higher. Relying on our services and solutions can help you optimize your operations, improve return on your assets and identify and deliver new products that can help you reach your growth potential.
Leading companies in the Energy and Utilities sector rely on the BI Consulting Group’s solutions and services to make more effective decisions, especially in the following business areas:
- Energy and Utility Demand Forecasting
- Oil Production and Reserve Analysis
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Asset Optimization and Maintenance
- Operations and Customer Service Improvement
Our services and solutions allow energy and utility companies to empower users at all levels by enabling them to:
- Unify consumption, supply availability, and other information from disparate systems across multiple lines of business
- Track production and usage in real time to optimize asset utilization
- Accurately forecast demand to avoid outages through more effective demand planning
- Automate the execution of scheduling, dispatching, and other critical workflows
- Precisely predict market prices to maximize profits and mitigate risk
- Streamline and control wholesale and retail distribution chains
- Conduct in-depth customer analysis to increase subscriber loyalty and value
- Provide customers with convenient web-based services such as online account tracking
- Evaluate and manage the performance of call center and customer service teams
- Enhance budgeting, cost management, and other financial activities across all plants and facilities
- Make information instantly accessible to field service personnel via mobile devices
- Facilitate compliance with government regulations and industry standards
- Leverage powerful master data management to create a complete, consistent view of each subscriber across accounting, CRM, and other applications
- Reduced cost-to-serve
- Reduced processing time- from meter reading to invoice to bill correction
- Increased number of customers and average revenue per customer
- Lower energy-procurement costs
- Lower maintenance costs
- Reduced accident-frequency rate
- Fewer outages